Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mmmm, Fiber!

I was just gifted a shit-ton of yarn. Really, that is the best quantity that I can come up with. It's just...so much. I'm in heaven.

So I'm trying to find the perfect amigurumi pattern to start with. Yes, I guess I started with the Frog King, but I'm a little bit addicted to them, even though they're completely useless. Look for them on my Etsy in the future, because I'm not going to want to clutter up my house with them. I do have to share though- the best place to get amigurumi patterns are Ravelry and this blog. It's soooo great! Ravelry you have to join to see anything though- do it; it's free!

Also, I was supposed to talk about two more banned books for the last day of Banned Book Week, but Friday was a busy day- lots of flooding going on here, and then a dress rehearsal for the reading of play that I did on Saturday.

Very quickly, before I commence crocheting-

A Wrinkle in Time- Madeleine L'Engel

I love this book. And all the others in the quintet. Just read them.

Another book that I love love love is Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. She's great- she hasn't written anything that I've read that I've hated. Or ever disliked. She's just a really good writer, so read that one too.

I could go on and on and on about banned books, and books in general but you've all got the linkage to the other blog where I do that, so I'll try to talk about other things for awhile on here. Be prepared for much discussion of yarn.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you hate YA, but all the books you recommend are YA. Except the color Purple. lol.

    "Wrinkle..."--YA
    "Bridge..."---YA

    :)

    You like it more than you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider them children's books. Jess and Leslie are ten in Terabithia, I believe. Wrinkle arguably fits YA criteria now that YA exists. I read it as a child, so I think of it as children's lit. Mockingbird we read in high school, but it's not YA.

    ReplyDelete