Monday, October 11, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

So I was absent because I had a wonderful weekend with my wonderful boyfriend. We did artsy fartsy things in Philly.

Art Museum- pretty cool. We did NOT participate in the touristy taking of Rocky pictures at the top of the stairs. We DID giggle at other people doing that. We also giggled our way through the museum with all the other stuffy people, entertaining ourselves by captioning pictures. It's quite fun. People have the tendency, I think, to take this stuff WAY too seriously. Just because it's in a museum does not mean that it isn't rubbish or that European people hundreds of years ago didn't look like trolls.

Untangle that mass of negatives.

It's a good museum, overall. I was very disappointed that there was only one Chagall in the whole place and that it wasn't even one that I particularly liked.

Second, we went to see a production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest that was sooooo well done! This little theater is fantastic!! They have a really, really solid company (we've seen two things there now, and both were great) and they have a great student discount.

And that was my weekend. Reading Terminal Market was a zoo, as always. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and not doing much of anything, which was pretty glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment