Friday, October 8, 2010

Imagine

I missed a blog yesterday. Depending on what I get done today, you might get two. But don't get your hopes up. I've been tagged in a 50 things bucket list, so look for that in the next few days.

Today though, as Google brought to my attention (thank you, Almighty Google) John Lennon would have been 70.

Your task for the day: Practice Peace. And believe in your imagination.

Here's some Lennon quotes to inspire you.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.


And finally, even though I'm sure you all know them, here are the lyrics to Imagine, which is one of my all time favorite Lennon songs.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

No comments:

Post a Comment