Monday, March 7, 2011

Of First Sentences and No Snow

I'm so incredibly glad to be in Phila, today.
When I talked to my mother at 9.30 this morning there was TWO FEET of snow and counting. Here? 50ish and sunny. Glorious.

Last night and today I finished going through the list of markets that I had marked as "promising" in my Writer's Digest list of the top 75 web markets.
There are a ridiculous amount of them devoted to sci-fi and fantasy. Don't people get bored with that? I do.

However, there were a few that I could submit to. Brevity, for one. Also, some flash fiction sites. I might try my hand at some flash later. Before I go crochet with some Glee-runs I think I'll critique one more piece on Scribophile, a writer's community, so that I can earn enough Karma to post my first chapter of The Smell of Rain and get some more critique for that.

I have to rework the first chapter a bit tomorrow, though. I just don't feel alert enough to do it right now, but I'm pretty sure my first line has been lurking somewhere around paragraph five. It's a much better hook than what I've currently got. Well, here, what do you think?

Never let it be said that Madison Longwell left without saying goodbye.

Want to know more?

No comments:

Post a Comment