Sunday, March 27, 2011

Booties!


My first pair of socks was a success. They came out far larger than I thought they would, but that's not my fault. My gauge was correct, as was the weight of the yarn that I used (some lovely 100% Merino wool from Norway, if you're interested) so I can only assume that the pattern is just very large. This is why I'm calling them booties rather than socks. These can be used for layering.

Next up I'm going to try a different baby sock pattern, to hopefully get some sock sized socks, and then move on to adult socks. First thing out of Ben's mouth- "Can you make them bigger? Like, for me?"

Of course I can. I already have a pattern in mind.

I do want to learn to knit soon though, because there are much prettier knit sock patterns. And men's cardigans that don't look like they were intended for five year olds or 90 year olds. There's some middle ground in knit that I haven't found in crochet yet.

However, Scriptfrenzy starts in five days, so the yarn may take a back burner...not completely, because I'm addicted and I need my serotonin fix, but I'm sure I'll be blogging more about writing than socks in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment