Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Am Not a Ballerina

I managed to finish those birthday socks I've been talking about on time!

Finished, blocked and dried a whole day early. Go me!

Other than socks, my time lately has been spent looking for a job. I haven't heard back from the most promising one at this point, but that's okay, because I don't really want it anyway. They have some shady business going on there.

Who starts someone at $8.00 an hour for an undetermined amount of time before they bump them up to their (measly) salary? For the amount of work and time involved, I'm going to demand more money. I was making more at my last job, which was basically the same thing, except there were set hours (there are not at this one, and I am not working 7 days a week for 22k a year. And I don't think that's unreasonable.)

Do you?

Anyway, in other, less stressful news. It's National Crochet Month! Woot. I need to find a good shawl pattern or something. I've got some lovely, silk blend worsted weight in some nice springy blues. I just have to find the right pattern for it.

I'll be off to do that now, and possibly do some spinning. The Harlot has inspired me to pull it out with her pledge to do a week of spinning.

Here's another picture of the socks:
I am not a ballerina. Clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment