Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Still Here


Follies is on Broadway. Or it will be. I think it doesn't open until October. It's never been my favorite Sondheim show, but I'd still love to see it. It only costs me $20 round trip to get to the city from here, so I'd like to see as much as I can while we're so close.

In other random news:

- The novel is progressing nicely. I have slightly over 27,000 words.

-I actually like it. I'm fascinated by this concept of relationships that, in any other realm of society, would be perfectly acceptable, but when you stick them in a high school setting they can't happen.

-or can they? Probably not in high school. When I first came up with this idea, I asked Liz Rosenberg, my highly respected creative writing teacher, if student/teacher relationships were too much for YA. She replied that she didn't think so, but then, she'd married her creative writing teacher.

-yes, it was in college, and yes that writing teacher was John Gardner. Yes, the man who wrote Grendel and is one of the most esteemed writers of the 20th century.

-I'm getting off topic.

-I'll have new crochet pictures to post on Sunday. I can't post them until Ashley has the present in her hands, which will happen Saturday.

-I'm going to see Dan Radcliffe again on Saturday. Be jealous :)

-Still chugging steadily through The Girl Who Played With Fire.

-It's long, and I have a lot of things I'm working on, currently, so it maybe be another week or two before I'm finished.

-Finally, a picture. Someday, this novel will be printed by a printer that isn't related to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment