Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thoughts From a Tiny Computer

Seriously. I'm on Ben's mini, and it's so tiny. If there are a lot of typos, forgive me. It's because my fingers are stomping around the keyboard like giants.

And you know me; I have munchkin hands.

We came home to Upstate New York for the holiday weekend, and it's amazing the difference in temperature. It's pleasantly warm here, still a little humid because like us they've been getting too much rain, but you don't feel like a wax figure in a kiln.

Also, it's so GREEN. Last time I came up it was basically still winter and it wasn't nearly as pretty and blooming as Phila, where we're a whole month ahead of the New York seasons, if you can call them that. For those of you who aren't aware, we have three seasons. Summer, Winter, and Mud.

Spring was a new experience for me in Phila.

But now that NY is almost out of the threat of a snowstorm (ask people who have lived here awhile, they'll tell you about snow in june and july) the grass is green, and most of the trees are leafed out. Birds are singing...or screeching.

I can hear one out the window right now that's saying "doo doo doo waaaaaaaah!"
It's like someone trying to hit a high note that can't do it.

And last night the peepers were out! Such a soothing sound. "peep peep peep." Not like chicks peep, a different kind of peep that I can't really explain. You just have to hear it.

It's nice to be home, but I'll be glad to go back too.

In other news, my baby llama yarn came!!!! It's sooooooo lovely, and I've started the wrap that I'm using it for, and I'm just far enough to start seeing the pattern. I think it's going to be very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment