Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beware the Free Patterns

They are free for a reason- most likely because they haven't been tested.

Or it could be because they're just crap.
As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a little annoyed. I've been working on a scarf for a few weeks now (off and on, mostly at knitting group, because it's much more portable than the afghan that I'm almost finished with). But I decided that I was going to finish it today just so I can feel like I've accomplished something.

Well, that didn't happen.

Why? You may ask.

Because I ran out of yarn. The pattern said that it required 200 yards of yarn. I had a ball of 197 yards. I cut out six inches of the middle section of the pattern for two reasons:
1) Because I had slightly less yarn than required.
2) Because I'm short and I didn't need a scarf long enough for a tall person.

And yet, with three rows to go, I have run out of yarn.
This makes me incredibly frustrated. Now I will have to go back and attempt to find the same yarn in the same color, and it will not be on sale I'm sure, just to finish three fucking rows of this scarf.

I repeat: I am ANNOYED.
And slightly drunk, so forgive any typos that might turn up.

Today's lesson comes in two parts
1) Buy more yarn than you supposedly need...
2)...because you can never trust a free pattern

Here's hoping for a snow day tomorrow. Wear your pajamas inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment