Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Very Good Place to Start


...is the beginning, yes? Well, Julie Andrews said so, so it must be true.

I already have a blog. I'll add some linkage to that if I can figure out how. It's a blog devoted to my primary passion- books. Books are basically what I want to do with my life. I want to write them, I want to edit them, I want to create them. Actual, physical books. None of that e-book nonsense, but that is another story, and really, the point of that other blog. Also, reviews, of the books that I read.

This blog, because I've been inspired to blog by a friend's blog is a blog for everyday blogging. (Yes, by the end of that ridiculous sentence I was trying to use the b-word as many times as possible). As the sub-title states, it is viewpoints from the land of books and yarn. Which, I'm sure you've guessed, is my land. I've already established the book thing- I'm also addicted to crocheting.

For example! My latest project is an amigurumi Frog King. This is my first attempt at amigurumi, and also my first attempt at adding a picture, so we'll see how this goes.
Oh, look! It worked! That's him, up there. The pattern can be found on the Michael's website, although it may be under the title of "Frog Prince." Which is inaccurate. In the original German story, he was a Frog King.

And now, for the drumroll...when I click the "publish" button and see if I've actually managed to make this work. The next task will be managing to write regularly, which is the long term goal. I've always thought that it would be fun to write a column for a newspaper, but then I realized that it would probably be incredibly hard. Anyway, wish me luck and we'll see how long I can keep this up.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment