Thursday, May 30, 2013

Getting Ahead of Myself

As I was logging in to write this post, I was contemplating starting another blog.

And then I realized that it had been several weeks since I last posted on this one, and I thought that it probably  wouldn't be a good idea to start something else that I was ultimately going to neglect.

But I considered a new blog anyway, simply because I have returned to the workforce of Baseball Town, NY (known half the year when it's empty of annoying tourists as Cooperstown) and there are always stories to be told.

It'd be like Waiter Rant, except I'm bartending, and there would be much more baseball-hating. I'm starting to convince myself that this IS a good idea, again.

Change of subject.

I finished the last of three scarves the other day. Here they are:


I made them as thank you gifts for my professors from Bing who wrote me several letters of recommendation over the past two years to various grad school programs. Now that I've picked one, I owed them something.

I'll be starting at Goddard College in less than a month and I am both very excited, and terrified.

More on that later. Right now, I have to go bang out a hat for my friend who is leaving me (again) to go on another great adventure, this time in Providence, RI.

Then I need to make a baby shower present. I'm leaning towards a tiny sweater, because those are always adorable. Also, I have the yarn for it, and I'm doing my best to stash-bust in the interest of buying more yarn at the Central New York Fiber Festival on the 8th and 9th. It's a tiny event, but there was gloriously inexpensive alpaca there last year.

Fingers crossed those people come back.

For now, I'll leave you with a pretty picture of chives. I had no idea they bloomed like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment