Friday, February 15, 2013

Sockmania

My days are full of socks.

These Hummingbird socks from The Knitter's Book of Socks.




These are for me. Finally! I get a pair of socks. I am already mentally planning another pair for Ben, because he's felting his faster than I can make them. I need another set or two of the bamboo DPNs. I have a metal pair, as you can see in the next picture, and I can't stand them.

However, these socks need to be done, and those Hummingbird ones are slow going.

This next pair is for my mom for her birthday, and it's just a basic sock pattern, courtesy of Silver's Sock Class.






As I'm in a little bit of a sock rut, I've been pondering my next project. I just found it on Ravelry.
Cabled Owl Neck Warmer. 
I just got so excited.
It's OWLS. I love owls.

And the best part??

It's CROCHET, y'all.

Do we know how many adorable owl cable knitting patterns are out there? Gazillions. And the adorable owl cable crochet patterns? Not gazillions.
While I'm getting better and better at the knitting, I still really enjoy the instant gratification that is crochet. It goes so much faster, and occasionally, I need to feel like I'm finishing things.

Speaking of finishing things, here I go finishing my grad school applications.




No comments:

Post a Comment