Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

As you may have already heard, if you live on the east coast, particularly the Mid-Atlantic to New England area...

NEMO FOUND US.

And he's coming to get us.

If you've been watching the news at all, you know we're in for a 'historic' blizzard that will possibly dump 1 to 2 feet on us.

For the record, this is NOT historic. This is the fucking Northeast, guys.
I distinctly remember a Christmas Day when I was a teenager where we got THREE feet. In one day. That's a historic blizzard, since I'm still talking about it today.

While I would pay to see the panic on the faces of the Long Islanders (and I can say this without offense, because I'm from there) we will survive this. I promise.

I'm all set. I've got a new scarf:


First Growth Scarf. Project 2 of 13 in 2013.
The yarn is Tintagel Farms Merino/Kid Mohair blend. Color: Driftwood
Pattern is Mae Geri Scarf, a lovely easy lace pattern that was perfect for my first go at knitting a lacy pattern.

I'm very pleased with how this came out.

In addition to a new scarf to wear in the snow, I have a pair of socks on the needles (no picture yet, sorry) and a massive to-do list all ready for me to work on while if I'm snowbound.

To Do:
-personal statement for grad school applications
-preliminary bibliography (this one annoys me. I'm potentially paying to go to your school, and you want me to design my own curriculum, too? Why, exactly, do you deserve my money?)
-pitch for the Book Doctors NaNoWriMo Pitchapalooza
-Smell of Rain character sketches
-blog post

Be brave, Northeasters, in the face of this latest blow.
Remember the wise words of the little blue fish:
Just keep swimming.



No comments:

Post a Comment