Friday, October 7, 2011

The Rhinebeck Cometh

One week from tomorrow until the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck! I can't wait!

Unfortunately, I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked, but there is still a week left.

I finished my vest.
I finished that small skein scarf.
I made myself a pair of owl mitts from scraps to match my vest.





I balled up 600 yards of alpaca that I bought last year, and have a pattern picked out for it.
I made some progress on Rosa's crayon blanket.

I did not finish the alpaca lace shawl, but I'm getting there.
I did not start a pair of socks, but I'd like to.

This week my goals are:

1) Finish the yellow crayon to have 3 of 6 crayons done.
2) Make the frog bib and frog hat for Amanda's baby to use up some yarn
3) Do at least one, maybe both of the hat of the month hats to use up some yarn
4) Make as much progress on the alpaca lace shawl as I can
5) Start the socks
6) Finalize my list of projects I'd like to buy yarn for at Rhinebeck. My goal this year is to not buy yarn for which I don't have a project in mind. But we'll see. I have been known to pick things by color and texture alone.

Oh, and one final goal: I need to finish the book club book, since that is the same day as Rhinebeck.  Off I go to cast on a frog bib. Pictures to follow, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment