Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Study in Purple

I've been noticing lately just how much purple I own. And the amount of purple I own just keeps getting bigger because I keep making more purple things.

For example: 

                                                                                                                                                                             And now apparently I am stuck writing in the middle of the page. 
Wtf, blogger? 
Anywhooo... That up there, is Doris Chan's Valley Cowl, made with the GLORIOUS cashmere that my wonderful boyfriend gave me for Christmas. It is now the nicest thing I own. Seriously. I love it. 
AND! What made it even better? Who should I run into at Vogue Knitting Live in the city, while I was wearing it, but Doris Chan herself. We were, she has since informed me via Ravelry, equally excited to see each other. Me, because I'd never met her and always wanted to, and she, because I was wearing her cowl.
In addition to that purple thing, I made this purple thing: necessary, as it is now winter here, but not nearly as nice a yarn. Still-- functional.
Not really sure why blogger is being such a bitch and screwing with my formatting today. I'm sorry for the scattered and rather annoying look of this blog. I don't know how to fix it. Everything I try to do makes it worse. I'd give you more details about Vogue Knitting Live, but now I'm just frustrated. So I leave you with pictures of my two purchases. Some purple (surprise!) sock yarn, and my favorite purchase- a yarn bowl. 



(Yeahr but...no but...that bowl's blue but...) Yeah, it is blue. Keepin' you on your toes. I don't know how I ever lived without a yarn bowl. 
(If you got the obscure television reference, you're my new best friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment