Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 in 12 on 12

It's the first day of December.

Do you know what that means?

It's World AIDS Day. I encourage you to donate as much as you can afford to a worthy AIDS-related organization. Steven over at Bitches Get Stitches has organized a project for the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force- you can go over there and donate to them, and be entered to win some incredible fiber prizes.

Or, you know, you can just donate, if fiber's not your thing.

Don't forget to share it with your friends. AIDS isn't any less important an issue than it was 20 or 30 years ago.

The beginning of December also means that NaNoWriMo is over. It's been over for me for awhile, but I should check in with others and see how it turned out for them.

December means that I should be working on holiday crafting and not blogging.

I'm making progress though...see?


That's Gabriella's sunflower blanket blocking on my dining room floor. She's not supposed to make her appearance in the world until the middle of January, but her mom is getting a box of baby-knits (crochets, but knit has a nicer ring) for Christmas.

Finally, in keeping with the 12 motif I have going, I present my rather vague project list for the 12 in 2012 thing that I'm going to participate in on Ravelry next year.
I intentionally kept my list vague because I can't be distracted looking at patterns at this time of year. I need to focus on clearing out the yarn that has been accumulating in boxes around the apartment before the boy gets annoyed. (I don't think he will, clutter bothers me more than him anyway, but I still need to get it done for presents).

So my 12 projects in 2012 will be:
-3 shawls, wraps or cowls
-3 garments with sleeves (or at least armholes. vests count)
-3 pairs of socks (as I am a new knitter it could potentially take me a year to make three pairs of socks)
-3 wild card projects

Again, donate!
Off to do some more crocheting before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment