Friday, December 10, 2010

Today's Life Lesson:

Surround yourself with people who care about you.


I know this might sound like an obvious thing, but today has made me interested in how many people will think they know about a problem you have, and not say anything.

Example: I have a bit of a black eye, from the stye that is currently making me crazy, and at work today I've noticed several people noticing it, but not one of them has said anything. Now, my boyfriend would never in a million years lay a hand on me, but I think if I was getting battered, I'd want someone to say something.
Even to simply ask, "are you okay?"

I think the world would be a lot better off if we all cared just a little bit more. And while this might seem a little hypocritical, because I'm often the first person to say "I don't care" I think it needs to be taken in context. I'm not saying I want every person's life story, because truly, I don't, but I do smile and say hello to random people and I have asked people who looked upset if they were all right.
That's all I mean. We've evolved enough that most of us are capable of recognizing emotions in others.

So that's today's lesson. Surround yourself with people who WILL say something, and ask someone who looks upset if they're all right.

Now, to write that final paper...and I mean FINAL paper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment